MEMO TO: GYMNASTICS SASKATCHEWAN MEMBERS
FROM: GYMNASTICS SASKATCHEWAN STAFF
DATE: MARCH 24, 2020
RE: 2020 SANCTIONED EVENTS & PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Gymnastics Saskatchewan continues to monitor the latest updates and advice from all public health agencies and the government. Gym Sask staff, with our Board Chair’s input, have met to consider scenarios for the rest of the provincial competition season in light of the cancellation of many western and national events by the respective provincial sport governing bodies and Gymnastics Canada.
All our clubs should remain shut down as per the Government of Saskatchewan legislation directing the closure of public facilities and events for the foreseeable future. As such, clubs are expected to cancel (not postpone) any previously sanctioned club invitationals. Should this Covid-19 crisis lift in the coming weeks/months, clubs will need to reapply to Gym Sask for sanction of any future events. We strongly recommended that clubs refund the registration fees collected for their cancelled invitationals, (less an administration fee that clubs may choose to enforce).
List of Saskatchewan cancelled events:
- Yorkton Springers Invitational – March 20-22
- Ritmo Living Skies Gala – March 21
- Queen City Invitational – March 27-29
- Can Am Invitational – April 3-5
- Wascana Shoot for the Stars Gala – April 4-5
- Moose Jaw Invitational – April 17-19
- Prince Albert Invitational – April 17-19
- Challenge Cup – May 2
- Gymnastics Foundations Streamlined Artistic Coaching course – May 15-17
- Saskatchewan Challenge – May 29-30
- Tisdale Fun Meet – May 30
- Western Canada Cup TG – June 5-7
Gym Sask has also made the decision to officially cancel the 2020 Provincial Championships which was to be hosted by Yorkton. Yorkton has agreed to host in May 7-9, 2021 and we look forward to seeing everyone there! In the coming weeks, we will be working on a hosting calendar for future Provincial Championships for the coming years.
Thank you. Please do not hesitate to contact me or our CEO Klara Miller if you have any questions or concerns.