CELEBRATE GYMNASTICS AWARDS & RECOGNITION PROGRAM
The Gymnastics Saskatchewan Celebrate Gymnastics Awards honor volunteers, staff, coaches, officials, athletes, clubs and sponsors for their contributions and achievements in gymnastics in the province. All members are encouraged to participate in the nomination process. Deadline for nominations is September 1st.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes former or current Gymnastics Saskatchewan members whose long-term service, significant contribution and/or legacy have had a lasting impact on gymnastics in the province of Saskatchewan. Builders, coaches, officials, athletes, staff or volunteers are eligible for nomination.
The Leadership Award is presented to a coach, judge, program director or administrator who has contributed significant time and energy to the success of a club, a provincial team program, the development of an athlete, and has made an impact on the sport at the local, provincial and/or national level.
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
The Volunteer of the Year is presented to a club or Gymnastics Saskatchewan volunteer who, through their volunteer leadership activities, has contributed significant time and energy to the success of a club, provincial and/or national program.
AWARDS OF MERIT
Awards of Merit are presented in honor of extraordinary service, accomplishment, or support, by an individual, group, team, club, organization, or corporate partner. The award shall not duplicate any award currently available but it could act as a vehicle for special contributions that would otherwise not be recognized.
ATHLETES OF THE YEAR (NATIONAL AND PROVINCIAL STREAM)
The top three competitive athletes in each category will be ranked by the Technical Committees based on performance results/points from the competitive season. Winners will be selected by the Gymnastics Saskatchewan Awards Committee, and announced at the Celebrate Gymnastics Awards Gala.
Eligibility for selection:
- All recipients must show outstanding qualities as a leader, a good sportsperson, and must abide by the guidelines of fair play and
- Athletes should have competed at the Provincial Stream and/or National Stream level for a minimum of three years prior to
- Athletes who have been finalists for a National Stream award in the past three years are ineligible for consideration for a Provincial Stream
- WAG Provincial Athletes of the Year (2)
- WAG National Athlete of the Year
- MAG Provincial Athletes of the Year
- MAG National Athlete of the Year
- TG Provincial Athlete of the Year
- TG National Athlete of the Year
- RG Provincial Athlete of the Year
- RG National Athlete of the Year
“ABOVE AND BEYOND” ATHLETE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Achievement in gymnastics is not measured only by high scores and competition results. It is also about those athletes who have gone above and beyond, for example – have overcome adversity, or provided exemplary leadership to their teammates, or inspired others, or put in volunteer hours in their club or community, or served as an ambassador for gymnastics in your club, city or province.
Clubs may nominate deserving current or former gymnasts who have gone “above and beyond” just competition results and performance. Three finalists will be selected by the Gymnastics Saskatchewan Awards Committee, and the winner announced at the Celebrate Gymnastics Awards Gala. Please submit nominations with details as to why this athlete is a deserving nominee. The following criteria will be considered:
- Teamwork/Team Spirit
- Inspires and Motivates
- Perseverance/Overcomes Challenges
- Contribution/Volunteer Service
- Shining Moments/Personal Bests/Improvement
Nomination form can be found HERE.