September 17, 2021
Please scroll down to see our most recent Covid update emails.
Gymnastics Saskatchewan sanctions and approves member clubs open operations, provided clubs can meet the protocols and requirements of the Government of Saskatchewan and Gymnastics Saskatchewan. Your re-opening and ongoing programs must follow the protocols in the Return to Play document, as well as government regulations outlined in the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan.
We have prepared this response plan to raise awareness of the ongoing progress related to the COVID-19 concerns of our gymnastics community. Our board and staff have been working around the clock these past few months responding to this crisis, and are excited to return to the gym when we are able!
We are committed to supporting our members to the best of our ability under the support and directives of Sask Sport. We ask that all our members remain patient – we are navigating this pandemic together and we all have the same goal in mind – a safe return to sport.
This response plan is a living, working document that will change depending on the provincial pandemic phase and needs of our member clubs.
Since the onset of COVID-19 we have communicated all developments to our members as we received them. Please use the below list as a reference point for all memos/emails that have been sent out to date.
- Sept 17th – Important Covid Update
- Sept 16th – New restrictions announced
- July 8th – All restrictions removed email
- Feb 26th – Government re-open updates for clubs
- Jan 14th – Covid memo to clubs – updates & important information
- Dec 3rd – SK Government Business Assistance Program
- Nov 30th – Reminder of virtual training options
- Nov 30th – Update on physical barriers permitted in gyms
- Nov 27th – Revised Return to Play
- Nov 26th – Clarifications on revised government protocols
- Nov 25th – Memo of revised government protocols
- Nov 24th – Reminder of CERS (Rent Subsidy)
- Nov 18th – Revised Return to Play and Saskatchewan PPE resources
- Nov 13th – Revised Return to Play document
- Sept 14th – Memo to clubs regarding virtual training insurance coverage
- Sept 8th – Update to COVID Declaration form
- Sept 2nd – Second Town Hall Invitation for Sept 10th
- July 29th – Revised Return to Play sent out to clubs
- July 16th Reminder to clubs of physical distancing
- June 29th – Additional EAP Funding information sent out to clubs
- June 26th – Club Status Report sent to clubs
- June 22 – Updated the COVID Response Plan
- June 18th – Updated Daily Screening Questionnaire
- June 18th Email – COVID updates on summer camps and Town Hall meetings
- June 17th Email – Pre-Submitted Q&As for June 18th Town Hall
- June 16th – CEBA Update
- June 9th – June 18th Town Hall Invitation
- June 8th Email – RTP Questionnaire sent out as fillable PDF
- June 4th – Phase Three Opening Announcement
- June 3rd – Clarifications from Speith
- June 1st Memo – Letter from the Board Chair
- May 28th Email – Club Survey
- May 27th Memo – Waivers and Resources
- May 22nd, Final draft of Return to Play protocols
- May 21st Email – Commercial rent program
- April. 29th – Draft Re-open protocols documents
- April 29th Email – Safe Sport Memos for virtual training
- April 24th Email – Sask Sport Announcement on Re-Open plan
- April 21 Email – COVID Resource Page started on Gym Sask website
- April 21 Email – Economic Impact on Clubs Report
- April 6th Email – Online Training Insurance Documents
- April 1st Email Insurance Update
- March 31st Email – Online Training Update
- March 31st MAP Grant Top Up Memo
- March 26th Email Update – Request for online training information
- March 26th Email Update – MAP Grants, Wage Subsidy, Managing a Sports Organization
- March 25th GCG Memo – Canadian Championships Cancellation
- March 24th COVID Update – Events
- March 16th COVID Update
- March 13th COVID Update
Many government supports have been created to address the financial struggles of COVID-19. Gym Sask has also been able to offer direct support to clubs.
Provincial Government Supports:
- Saskatchewan Small Business Emergency Payment (SSBEP)
- Provincial Sales Tax relief
- Crown utilities bill deferral programs
- WCB premium waivers
- Self Isolation Support Program
- Products and Supplies
- More information can be found on the government website here.
Federal Government Supports:
- Canada Emergency Wage Subisdy (CEWS)
- Temporary 10% Subsidy
- Work Share Programs
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- More information can be found on the government website here.
- Federal Initiatives chart
Other Grants & Funding:
- Facebook Small Business Grant
- Google Ads credit
- Gowling WLG Financial Support for Organizations – Webinar Slides & Webinar On Demand
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business Resources: CFIB Federal Funding, CFIB Provincial Funding, CFIB Municipal Funding
- Canadian Chambers of Commerce Canadian – Business Resilience Network
- Saskatchewan Chambers of Commerce – Business Resources
Direct Support from Gym Sask:
- 2019-2020 MAP grants were topped up by an additional $104,000 from self-help dollars.
- Actively involved with the other Western provincial organizations in creating online coaching webinars free to all Gym Sask members.
- Worked with insurance providers to include online training in current premiums.
- Developed social media recognition content to engage members in gymnastics (daily postings, provincial team highlights, etc).
- Maintained a regular social media presence with almost daily communication and resources on COVID-19 such as grant information, cleaning tips, etc.
- Have diligently remained present and available, providing professional support and advice to all our members.
- Communicated on behalf of our members on a continuous basis with Sask Sport and Gymnastics Canada.
- Provided financial assistance to member clubs through the Fall Emergency Assistance Program.
This is not a complete list and there are many more products out there – these are just a few options. Please ensure you are searching for cleaning solutions that are approved to kill the COVID-19 virus.
Additional Hand Sanitizer Options:
Disinfectant Fogger Example:
Link for approved cleaning solutions as per the Government of Canada:
Disinfectant that is on the approved list: